For fall 2018, a limited number of courses will be available for the Go-60 opportunity. Day time courses are being offered for the fall semester only, and there are limited seats available in each course. Leadership continues to assess the Go-60 opportunity, and we appreciate your patience during this assessment.
The course request period for fall 2018 is now closed.
Please read the following detailed information regarding the GO-60 opportunity.
Penn State Continuing Education at University Park offers a limited number of tuition-free courses to those who meet eligibility requirements. Qualifying GO-60 students will experience classes alongside undergraduate students and may register to take the course for credit or audit. To participate in the GO-60 opportunity you must be:
- at least 60 years of age at the time of enrollment
- retired, or employed less than half-time (20 hours or less per week)
- a Pennsylvania resident
All GO-60 students must first complete the Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form and submit the signed form to the Office of Continuing Education by August 17, 2018 at noon. Please ensure you place a unique non Penn State email address on the undergraduate non-degree form.
The Undergraduate Non-Degree Enrollment Form may be emailed, faxed, or dropped off at the office front desk.
Office address: 223 Outreach Building (2nd floor), University Park PA 16802
GPS address: 100 Innovation Boulevard, State College, PA 16803
Fax: (814) 863-7042
If you’ve never taken a course as a GO-60 student, you will receive an email to the email account you provided on the enrollment form with directions on how to activate your Penn State Access Account.
Once you have activated or reactivated your Penn State Access Account, you are ready to log in to LionPATH. You must have an active Penn State Access Account before you can log in to LionPATH.
All GO-60 students are assessed an Information Technology (IT) fee. The fee rate is set by the Board of Trustees in August. As an example, here is the fee rate from this past academic year.
- Less than 5 credits = $86
- 5 to less than 9 credits = $189
Request a Class
The course request period for fall 2018 is now closed. The office of Continuing Education at University Park will contact you on Monday, August 20 to let you know if you have been placed in the course.
Please note that all GO-60 students must complete the admission and LionPATH processes.
- Please review the list of available courses prior to submitting the Course Request Form. Only courses on the list are available via the GO-60 Opportunity.
- Write down the information for the course you would like to register for (i.e., ART 20, Section 901, Class Nbr. 123).
- Complete the online GO-60 Course Request Form.
- Please do not enroll for any course in LionPATH or you will be charged its full tuition and fees. Unfortunately, the Office of Continuing Education will be unable to submit refunds for any enrollments submitted via LionPATH.
- Your course request has now been submitted to the Office of Continuing Education.
- The Office of Continuing Education will contact you by Monday, August 20 to let you know if you have been placed in the course.
- Classes begin on Monday, August 20, 2018.
Please note: You cannot be enrolled in a course if you owe any outstanding balances to the University. This includes parking tickets, library fines, fitness membership fees, tuition, etc. Log in to LionPATH to pay your student information technology fee. Any unpaid balances will accrue a monthly 1.5% late fee.
GO-60 students must complete the LionPATH tasks outlined here. Before completing the following tasks, your Penn State Access Account must be activated.
- Log in to the LionPATH Student Center
- Click on “Undergraduate Students”
- Click on the yellow box that says “Log in to LionPATH Student Center”
- Agree to the “Consent to Business Online.” If you do not agree, you cannot do anything within LionPATH.
- Complete the Preregistration Activities for Fall 2018, as shown in the “To-Do-List” box.
- Official enrollment cannot be processed until these tasks have been completed.
Continuing Education at University Park
223 Outreach Building
University Park PA 16802