Penn State Continuing Education at University Park offers a limited number of tuition-free classes to those who meet eligibility requirements. Qualifying GO-60 students will experience classes alongside undergraduate students and may register to take the class for credit or audit.
Registration for Summer 2018 will open on June 11, 2018 at 8 a.m. and will be available for courses that begin on June 27, 2018 (2nd summer session).
Please read the following detailed information regarding the GO-60 opportunity.
To participate in the GO-60 opportunity you must be:
- at least 60 years of age at the time of enrollment
- retired, or employed less than half-time (20 hours or less per week)
- a Pennsylvania resident
All GO-60 students must first complete the Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form and submit the form to the Office of Continuing Education by mail or email. All forms must be received at the office by June 1, 2018.
- If you’ve never taken a course as a GO-60 student, you will receive an email to the email account you provided on the enrollment form with directions on how to activate your Penn State Access Account.
- Once you have activated or reactivated your Penn State Access Account, you are ready to log in to LionPATH. You must have an active Penn State Access Account before you can log in to LionPATH.
All GO-60 students are assessed an Information Technology (IT) fee. The fee rate is set by the Board of Trustees in August. As an example, here is the fee rate from this past academic year.
- Less than 5 credits = $86
- 5 to less than 9 credits = $189
GO-60 students must complete the LionPATH tasks outlined here. Before completing the following tasks, your Penn State Access Account must be activated. For an overview of LionPATH, watch “Getting Started with LionPATH.”
- Log in to the LionPATH Student Center
- Click on “Undergraduate Students”
- Click on the yellow box that says “Log in to LionPATH Student Center”
- Agree to the “Consent to Business Online.” If you do not agree, you cannot do anything within LionPATH.
- Complete the “Preregistration Activity Guide – Summer 2018″ as shown in the “To-Do List” box.
- These tasks must be completed no later than June 22, 2018 to avoid potential delays in enrollment.
Congratulations! You are now ready to request a class.
Request a Class
The Course Request Form for Summer 2018 will open on June 11, 2018 at 8 a.m. and will close at midnight on June 17, 2018. The office of Continuing Education will contact you by close of business on June 26, 2018 to let you know if you have been placed in the course.
All GO-60 students must complete the above admission and LionPATH processes before continuing.
- The list of available courses will be ready for viewing by June 8, 2018. Please review the list prior to submitting the Course Request Form. Only courses on the list are available via the GO-60 Opportunity.
- Write down the information for the course you would like to register for (i.e., ART 20, Section 901, Class Nbr. 123).
- Complete the online GO-60 Course Request Form.
- Please do not enroll for any course in LionPATH or you will be charged its full tuition and fees. Unfortunately, the Office of Continuing Education will be unable to submit refunds for any enrollments submitted via LionPATH.
- Your course request has now been submitted to the Office of Continuing Education.
- If seats are available within the requested course, GO-60 students will be enrolled in the course by the day before classes start.
- The Office of Continuing Education will contact you by close of business on June 26, 2018 to let you know if you have been placed in the course.
- Classes begin on June 27, 2018.
Please note: You cannot be enrolled in a course if you owe any outstanding balances to the University. This includes parking tickets, library fines, fitness membership fees, tuition, etc. Log in to LionPATH to pay your student information technology fee. Any unpaid balances will accrue a monthly 1.5% late fee.
Continuing Education in State College
223 Outreach Building
University Park PA 16802