Penn State Continuing Education at University Park offers a limited number of tuition-free classes to those who meet eligibility requirements. Qualifying GO-60 students will experience classes alongside undergraduate students and may register to take the class for credit or audit.
Registration for Fall 2017 classes will open Monday, August 7, 2017 at noon.
Please read the following detailed information regarding the GO-60 opportunity.
To participate in the GO-60 opportunity you must be:
- at least 60 years of age at the time of enrollment
- retired, or employed less than half-time (20 hours or less per week)
- a Pennsylvania resident
- If you've never taken a course as a GO-60 student, you will receive an email to the email account you provided on the enrollment form with directions on how to activate your Penn State Access Account.
- If your student account is deactivated, you must visit a signature station to reactivate your Penn State Access Account. The most convenient signature station is located in Suite 306 in the 329 Building at Innovation Park. Please allow a week after you submit your Undergraduate Nondegree Enrollment Form before visiting the signature station to reactivate your Penn State Access Account.
- Once you have activated or reactivated your Penn State Access Account, you are ready to log in to LionPATH. You must have an active Penn State Access Account before you can log in to LionPATH.
All GO-60 students are assessed an Information Technology (IT) fee. The fee rate is set by the Board of Trustees in August. As an example, here is the fee rate from this past academic year.
- Less than 5 credits = $86
- 5 to less than 9 credits = $189
GO-60 students must complete the LionPATH tasks outlined here. Before completing the following tasks, your Penn State Access Account must be activated. For an overview of LionPATH, watch "Getting Started with LionPATH."
- Log in to the LionPATH Student Center
- Click on "Undergraduate Students"
- Click on the yellow box that says "Log in to LionPATH Student Center"
- Agree to the "Consent to Business Online." If you do not agree, you cannot do anything within LionPATH.
- Complete the "Preregistration Activity Guide - Summer 2017" as shown in the "To-Do List" box.
Congratulations! You are now ready to request a class.
Request a Class
Registration for Fall 2017 classes will open Monday, August 7, 2017 at noon and will close on Friday, August 11, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- A list of available classes will be posted on Monday, August 7, 2017. Only classes on the list are available via the GO-60 Opportunity.
- Write down the information for the course you would like to register for (i.e., ART 20, Section 901, Class Nbr. 123).
- An online GO-60 Course Request Form will be posted by noon on Monday, August 7, 2017. Complete all requested information.
- Please do not enroll for any class in LionPATH or you will be charged its full tuition and fees. Unfortunately, the Office of Continuing Education will be unable to submit refunds for any enrollments submitted via LionPATH.
- Your class preferences have now been submitted to the Office of Continuing Education.
- If seats are available within the requested class, GO-60 students will be enrolled in the class by the Friday before classes start.
- The Office of Continuing Education will contact you by the end of the day on Friday, August 18, 2017 to let you know if you have been placed in the class.
Please note: You cannot be enrolled in a class if you owe any outstanding balances to the University. This includes parking tickets, library fines, fitness membership fees, tuition, etc. Log in to LionPATH to pay your student information technology fee. Any unpaid balances will accrue a monthly 1.5% late fee.
Continuing Education in State College
223 Outreach Building
University Park PA 16802