An Associate in Science in Information Sciences and Technology degree can boost your earning potential, broaden your career opportunities beyond a high school diploma, and help you gain an edge in almost any field.
Offered in partnership with Penn State’s College of Information Sciences and Technology, this degree is ideal for working adults who seek careers in technology management, but have little or no formal background in information technology (IT).
Developed in consultation with regional Pennsylvania employers, our IST program can prepare you to enter IT professional fields such as:
- applications programmers
- network managers
- Web designers
- information systems support specialists
What You Can Learn
An associate degree in IST can provide you with:
- a thorough knowledge of information systems, with organizational and global perspectives
- extensive practice using contemporary technologies to create, organize, store, analyze, evaluate, communicate, and transmit information
- skills in essential communications as well as interpersonal and group interaction
- basic business skills to prepare you for managerial roles and greater responsibilities
- technical knowledge about the structure of database systems, Web and multimedia systems, and the design of information systems
- hands-on knowledge gained through team projects, a required internship, and a capstone experience focused on cutting-edge issues and technologies in the field
Educational Step-up Opportunities
After you receive your associate degree, you can continue on to earn a Bachelor of Science in IST through Penn State World Campus.